[802SEC] ad hoc EC meeting during January Interim session

Dear EC members,

Since all the 802 groups will be meeting in the same venue for their January Interim session many of the EC members will be in Vancouver.  Therefore, it has been suggested that it may make sense to have an informal ad-hoc EC meeting during that time.  Even though we can't make any formal decsions, we can discuss EC items such as the indemnification issue, the China SAC relationship, the Visa issue, the SA limited support for 802, email ballots that are in progress, etc.

I will be arriving Saturday Jan 10th and plan to leave Thursday (Jan 15th) morning, so I would be available for a meeting on Sunday afternoon/evening.  I don't know how much time we would need, it will depend on the discussion items, but I would expect we should allocate somewhere between 2-4 hours.

Please respond to this email with the following information before Thursday of next week (Dec 18th):

1) will you be in Vancouver?
2) list items you would like to be discussed during an informal ad-hoc EC meeting
3) propose a date/time for a ~2-4 hour meeting between Sunday NOON and Wedneday night.

Based on the above feedback, I'll put together an agenda and date/time for the meeting by Friday (Dec 19th).

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich