From: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Sherman,
Matthew J. (US SSA)
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 1:54 PM
To: IEEE802
Cc: Paul Nikolich; Paul Nikolich
Subject: [802SEC] Suggestion for improved Rules process

All,

I'm toying with ideas for improving the rules process.  I think the
answer is we need the equivalent of a Bylaws and an Operations Manual.
I believe (given how difficult it is to update) our P&P is our Bylaws.
I think we need another "rules" document which is more mutable, and we
can effect changes to within a single plenary session.  I think a lot of
the material in the P&P could be removed to this second document.
Perhaps the content of the Chair's guideline could be in that document
as well.  This document would sit below our P&P and above WG P&P in the
order of precedence.  Is this a workable idea?

Mat

Matthew Sherman, PhD
Senior Member Technical Staff
BAE SYSTEMS, CNIR