Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Allocation of Funds for the Acquisition of Wireless Access Points for Plenary Meeting Network Support

Title: Message

Steve,  Actually, to set the record straight, the number was not reduced; it was just never increased.  We were trying to get the AP’s for our last meeting (Orlando) where we had 20 loaners already lined up, so we had only asked for 24 for that meeting.  Because of tight timing that was not do-able in time for Orlando but Cisco followed through after the fact and finally approved the discount deal for the 24 we had asked for.  By the time they learned that we had really wanted 44, they had already gotten all the paperwork approved, so rather than jeopardize the approved deal, we agreed to just go ahead with the 24 as approved, and find an alternate way to acquire the additional 20.  You don’t want to get caught looking the gift horse in the mouth.    J   Getting 24 at cost is already very generous.

Cisco has been a very generous supporter of IEEE 802 over the years, and we don’t want to risk being anything but grateful for all the support they have provided.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA  98124-2207
phone:  (425) 865-2443    Fx: (425) 865-6721

cell:  (425) 417-1022
everett.o.rigsbee@boeing.com