Re: [802SEC] for review and comment prior to ballot: 802.11 r & s news release

Approve with comment.

Ditto to Steve's comment on AP versus base station, and I would add
"node".  If there is any difference it is too subtle for me, and
therefore too subtle for a press release.  (IEEE 802.11 can talk to it's
own people on its reflectors, a PR needs to speak clearly to the
uninitiated.)

Third paragraph -- as much as it pains me to say so, and as pervasive as
Ethernet interconnection of APs is, is this only for "WLAN service
without hard-wired connections" or could the backbone network also be
based on a wireless backhaul (e.g., 802.16)?

Third paragraph -- I would recommend the end to:  "allow the military or
emergency services to place repeater nodes on mobile units that link to
a central point or even let individuals like fireman become a node in an
emergency communications network".

--Bob Grow