Re: [802SEC] +++EC Ballot+++ENDS 04OCT+++ Motion to approve P802.22 press release+++Tentative Tally

I vote Disapprove, with the following comment:

*The sentence "It also will complement IEEE
802.16 metropolitan area networks, which are
designed for urban environments, by enabling
broad coverage in more sparsely populated areas."
is inaccurate, since IEEE 802.16 networks are
fully applicable to rural and suburban areas as
well. Many of their near-term applications are in
such areas.

Suggested remedy:

*A more accurate way to draw the distinction
would be to change the sentence to "It also will
complement IEEE 802.16 metropolitan area
networks, which do not include cognitive radio
functions for sharing TV spectrum."

Roger