[802SEC] 802-Hosted Interim for 802.3 WG in Vancouver for their January Interim

Dear Colleagues,    Our success with doing 802-Hosted interim sessions has been very good.  We have budgeted conservatively, minimized contract liabilities, and always done just slightly better than an exact break-even for the 802-Treasury.  We would like to continue this record of success.  Thus far to date we have done two 802-Hosted Interims for the Wireless Working Groups (Orlando, Vancouver) and two for the Wired Working Groups (Vancouver, Vancouver).  We have recently been offered an excellent deal for another January interim at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, and the 802.3 WG has expressed interest using this opportunity since attracting hosts right now is rather difficult for them, and they have the exact week which they were looking for.  So I am recommending that we quickly authorize another 802-Hosted interim for the January 23-28, 2005 IEEE-802.3 WG Interim Meeting and get this deal approved before it gets away.  The Hyatt Regency Vancouver has indicated that they w!
 ould be happy to work with us on future January interims as well.

We will of course use our same "break-even" strategy for hosting this session so as to have minimal overall impact on our 802 Treasury.

I am asking Paul to run a fast email ballot to approve this 802-Hosting action.

So I will make the motion that the 802 EC approve 802-Hosting for the 802.3 Interim Session in Vancouver, BC.  I believe Bob Grow will second this motion.

Please direct any questions or comments to the reflector and the list above.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM