[802SEC] visa policy (was Re: [802SEC] Plenary Meeting locations)

I would like to propose a policy of full refunds for registrants who
promptly submit evidence that they applied for a visa at least 60
days before the session and were subsequently denied it.

This would serve several purposes. It would:

(1) encourage people to apply early enough for their visa, increasing
the chance they will get it. [I recommend that people apply 90 days
in advance, but I think that the refund policy should use a smaller
number than that.]

(2) give people a fair chance to preregister, without risk, even if
they are still awaiting their visa.

(3) give 802 a source of statistics on visa denial. While we perceive
a problem of people not getting visas, it's very hard to understand
the problem unless we understand how early they applied.

Roger