From: owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Mike Takefman
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 8:14 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] FW: Plenary Meeting locations

Fellow EC Members,

I seem to recall that there was a proposed solution to this
issue (which I believe came from Matt originally, and agreed
to in principle at our all-802 hosted Interim in Vancouver
a year or so ago).

Lets hold one 802-sponsored all-WG interim session each year
outside of North America.

This gives us flexibility to get it done before 2009 or whenever
there are free plenary slots.

cheers,

mike

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
> I support Mat's proposal.  We need to do this, even if it "costs" more
> and I think we need to think in terms of the costs to our non-US
> participants who have been footing the bill for travel cost (and time)
> here for the meetings.
>
> Carl

In
>     fact, only one option was presented for each session location.  I
>     don?t think this is acceptable, and I don?t think we should even
>     consider voting on the location of a session unless multiple
options
>     are available.  Further I think at least one international option
>     per session should be presented before we vote to approve a
session
>     location. I?d also like to see us insist on one international
>     plenary a year.  I recognize this will raise costs, and add
>     complexity, but I think it is part of the cost of being an
>     international standards body, and we have to face it.
>

>     Mat
>

>     Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
>     Senior Member Technical Staff
>     BAE SYSTEMS, CNIR
>     Office: +1 973.633.6344
>     email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com

>     *From:* owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org

LAN
*
>     WAPI will be pushed within ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 along with America's
>     IEEE 802.11i, and WAPI will be put on the agenda of the SC 6 WG1
>     meeting scheduled for February 2005.
>     Local reports say that the Chinese delegation successfully made
>     their bid by forcing the US side to issue a statement that both
WAPI

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems

This list is maintained by Listserv.