Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ EC_Membership_&_Meetings

Title: +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ EC_Membership_&_Meetings

Mat,

I vote No.  I will change my vote to a Yes if the following issues are addressed.

Member Emeritus

Under qualification there were several items that are not qualification of the candidate

  • Being a non-voting member is not a qualification of the candidate but actually a restriction on the position
  • Stating that the person must be nominated and elected is not a qualification but actually a description of the process
  • Being limited to a single position is also not a qualification but actually a restriction on the position
  • Similar comment about when the position expires

Please modify the text to include a section on qualifications of the candidate, the process of appointment of the position and the restrictions on the position.

Reaffirmation

The text currently states “The Working Group and TAG chairs are reaffirmed by their representative groups while other members of the Executive Committee are reaffirmed in the Executive Committee meeting.”  My interpretation of this is that the EC does not reaffirm the WG and TAG chairs (it is just done in the WG and TAG), however, traditionally the EC does reaffirm the WG and TAG chairs after the WG and TAG reaffirms.  I would recommend we either change the test of the P&P or change our operating procedure so that they are consistent with one another.

Meeting of Teleconference

            I am unclear what it takes to pass a vote in a teleconference.  A quorum of 50% must be present.  Does that imply that if more than 50% of those present vote on something then it passes?  Then we would only need potentially a little over 25% of voting members to approve a vote.  Or does the vote require over 50% of all voting members, both present and not present.  Please just clarify so there is no confusion.

Regards,

Steve