Re: [802SEC] Regarding ballot closings

Roger-

I learned something today (i DO try to do that!).

I learned that the International Date Line goes down the middle of a time zone
(I might have figured this out rather than learning it from the web but I
figure that Phileas Fogg was in the same situation when he got back a day
earlier that he expected.)

Therefore, I propose that the 802 rule should be that all 802 ballots close
when the (virtual*) clock strikes midnight on Howland Island of the ballot
closing date.

I believe that Howland Island is the closest land outside Antarctica on the
east side of the line. It seems to be closer than Baker Island.

* I am assuming that there is no real striking clock on Howland Island.
This "may" not be the case however, there is a "day light" on the island
which presumably has a clock.
Ref: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/hq.html#Trans

Ref: http://www.worldtimezone.com/utc/utc-1200.html

See also: http://www.worldtimezone.com/utc/utc+1200.html