Re: [802SEC] +++ 10 Day EC Email Ballot +++ 802.15.4c China Awards Ceremony press release

Bob,

I need to vote Disapprove on this one, with the hope that you can address my concerns.

My main concerns:

(1) Regarding awards and recognitions, IEEE is generally very careful to specify the source of the award. For example, awards presented by "IEEE" are rare and exclusive. Other awards may be presented by other authorized IEEE entities.

In this case, the source and name of the award is not clear. If the award is one of those administered by the IEEE Standards Association Awards and Recognition Committee, then it needs to be labeled as an IEEE-SA recognition, not an IEEE recognition.

Also, the title of the award should be mentioned. For example, "IEEE- SA Working Group Chair Award".

The release mentions in two places that individuals were awarded a "Plaque of Distinction" or a "Certificate of Appreciation." I wonder if these were the "IEEE-SA Working Group Chair Award" and the "IEEE-SA Certificate of Appreciation"?

(2) There is a reference to "other international members." Since I don't know the meaning of "international member", I propose to delete "international".

(3) "recently completed IEEE 802.15.4c standard" should be replaced by the more specific "recently published IEEE 802.15.4c standard"

(4) I think it would be better to expand the acronym "PAN" in the body of the release.

(5) The use of the comma in the names of the individuals is incorrect.

(6) There are several editorial and spelling errors. For example, the period is missing after several instances of "Dr".

I think these changes would strengthen the announcement.

Roger