From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Shellhammer, Steve
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 2:02 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] straw poll summary of on the question of interim EC telecon meetings

Paul,

	One way to deal with this is to hold a non-voting meeting where we discuss motions and then to have a post-meeting electronic ballot, on each motion.  So the discussion could take place during the call.  We could even have a straw poll and it there is controversy discuss what the controversy is.

	The main issue is the overhead of having the electronic ballot.  Maybe a simple spreadsheet could be used to combine all the motions onto a single spreadsheet and people could just enter their votes.  It is more overhead but it would be helpful to the WGs on motions to go to Sponsor ballot and RevCom.  We might end up with less conditional motions to go to Sponsor ballot and RevCom since WGs would not have to wait 4 months.

	I believe this works with the current rules.

	Comments?

Steve