Re: [802SEC] Updated files for Telecon on June 5th 10am ET

Colleagues,

Currently, there are three ways that expenses could be authorized:

1)  Explicit resolution or chair ruling.  Not done often, but does occur;
the expenses for the University Outreach was done through explicit
resolution.

2) Approval of a meeting venue.  Setting aside the issue if whether the EC
has approved a venue, meeting expenses are typically handled through our
on-going contract with our network provider and our meeting planner, and
our one-time contracts with the hotel/meeting location.  Each of these
contracts include minimum service levels, and the contracts also call for
per-attendee fees as well as reimbursement for other expenses.  I cannot
see any situation where any EC member would have to pay anything outside of
these contracts out of pocket for meeting expenses, and I cannot find any
example in the past year. If the EC member did have to pay out of pocket,
it would still be covered under the meeting expense category.

2) $200/$500 "other".  Anything that didn't fall under either of the two
above categories could be covered by this.  Again, I can only think of one
example from the last year: we bought pre-printed checks compatible with
QuickBooks for the two checking accounts.

Of all the expenses in 2011, I can think of only one that may not be
covered by the above three ways: we paid $6000 for the yearly audit.