Re: [802SEC] Proposed rule change for Treasurer for July meeting

Clint

I support this change.

James Gilb

On 07/05/2012 08:13 PM, Clint Chaplin wrote:
Triggered by James' foray, I bring up my proposed change again:

Ops Manual 11d)

d) All IEEE 802 LMSC expenditures require the approval of the Sponsor with
the sole exception that the Sponsor Chair, Vice Chairs, Secretaries,
Treasurer, and each WG Chair whose group is not operating with treasury,
may be reimbursed from the IEEE 802 LMSC treasury for up to a total of
$500of appropriate expenses between
the close of the closing Sponsor meeting and the close of the immediately
following closing Sponsor meeting without specific approval of the Sponsor.

One of the discussion points raised on the teleconference was the idea that
perhaps this clause is not necessary at all; that the EC could cover any
possible case with a letter ballot for explicit authorization.  I'm not
sure we would want to to clutter up the EC reflector with letter ballots
for motions on expenditures below a certain amount; sometimes we just need
the ability to make a small expenditure without requiring the EC
to collectively watch every expenditure.  I believe that's one reason the
EC has a treasurer; to make the judgement calls on small decisions like
this on behalf of the EC.