[802SEC] Motion to forward 802.15.4j to sponsor ballot

Colleagues

Here is the motion and background for moving 15.4j to sponsor ballot. (call agenda item 8.1)

Move that the EC approve the start of sponsor ballot on 802.15.4j draft D4.

Moved:  Bob Heile
Second: Clint Chaplin

Background:

Working Group Letter Ballot final results-

VOTERS: 171
VOTED: 122
YES: 116
ABSTAIN: 6
NO: 0
% VOTERS:
71.35%
% ABSTAIN: 4.92%

In the last recirculation (LB84) there were no new comments.

In the initial letter ballot (LB81), there were 575 comments (15-12-0218-13-004j-lb81-comment-register), 278 of which were Technical/General and 297 were Editorial.

The first recirculation ballot (LB82) there were 9 comments (15-12-0450-02-004j-lb82-comment-register), of which 1 was Technical and 8 were Editorial.

There are no outstanding MEC comments. There were no Section I required comments from MEC to be resolved before sponsor ballot begins. There were several Section II comments that must be resolved before the final recirculation. We implemented these MEC suggestions during the Sept. meeting and created an updated draft D4 incorporating these suggestions. Staff has reviewed these edits and pronounced the draft ready to go.

Please send me any questions/comments you might have so I can address them ahead of the call.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832