[802SEC] Hurricane Sandy impacting IEEE HQ services

Dear EC Members,

I’m sending this email directly to your email addys that I have on file as well as to the EC reflector.

Hurricane Sandy has left a lot of NJ/NY without power and this has had an impact on the reliability of electronic services delivered by IEEE HQ in Piscataway (email, reflectors, web, etools, etc.).  I don’t know when full functionality will be restored, but I suggest you don’t rely on those services until we are notified otherwise.  Please let your WG participants know about the problems via direct email if you can.

Since I live in northern NJ, I can personally testify to the magnitude of the damage from the storm—about 80% of my town is without power due to downed power lines from fallen trees, I’m fortunate to be one of the lucky ones with power and still online.  Several of my close relatives live within a few miles of me are without power as well.  My guess is that it will take a long time (a week or so?) to restore power due to the scale of the outages, so please be tolerant of the IEEE service interruptions.

Regards,

--Paul

p.s. paul.nikolich@att.net seems to be working for me without problems—please use that addy when sending messages to me