[802SEC] IEEE IT status update 2pm ET 05NOV2012

All,
This email was sent via the 802 EC reflector. --Paul

------ Forwarded Message ------
From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@att.net>
To: "Walter Pienciak" <wpiencia@thunderdome.ieee.org>;paul.nikolich@att.net;pthaler@broadcom.com;jgilb@tensorcom.com;jon.rosdahl@csr.com;jdambrosia@gmail.com;clint.chaplin@gmail.com;BRigsBieee@comcast.net;thompsongeoff@rocketmail.com;dawns@facetoface-events.com;ralfvin@verilan.com;tony@jeffree.co.uk;dlaw@hp.com;bkraemer@marvell.com;rfheile@gmail.com;roger@consensii.com;MJLynch@mjlallc.com;sshellha@qti.qualcomm.com;subirdas21@gmail.com;apurva.mody@baesystems.com Cc: "'Lisa Perry <l.perry@ieee.org>'" <L.Perry@ieee.org>;"Karen McCabe" <k.mccabe@ieee.org>;"Kathryn Bennett <k.bennett@ieee.org>" <k.bennett@ieee.org>;"Tricia Gerdon <p.gerdon@ieee.org>" <p.gerdon@ieee.org>;"Christina Boyce" <c.boyce@ieee.org>
Sent: 11/5/2012 2:08:13 PM
Subject: IEEE IT status update 2pm ET 05NOV2012

All, I just received the below message from Walter at IEEE SA IT. Thanks Walter. As of this afternoon, www.ieee802.org is functioning and email is flowing. Be prepared for the email deluge. Regards, --Paul
Hi, A brief update: DNS queries for ieee802.org are now resolving to the correct IP address again. There is a huge mail backlog in IEEE IT's systems, but more resources are being brought on-line and mail is flowing, though it will take a while to flush the queue. I expect list services to come back along with mail as DNS issues are resolved. Walter On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 08:36:38AM -0700, Walter Pienciak wrote:

Our team is currently assisting main IT with their challenges, and I will provide this group with any status/info updates. Our group has a status call in a half-hour for our first formal sync of the workweek. Just in: we got their main postfix/mail issue squared away. Walter