[802SEC] IEEE Charles Proteus Steinmetz Award

Bob Heile and I mentioned this award a couple of Plenaries ago, along with encouragement to think about nominating someone from the 802 community for this award. So far, no such nomination has come forward. There is now a limited timeframe in which this could be done as the award committee (which Bob & I are members of) will be moving to a decision toward the end of January next year. The details of the award can be found here:

http://www.ieee.org/about/awards/tfas/steinmetz.html

It would be good to see an 802 person on the list of nominations - I am sure that there are suitable candidates in our community. Obviously as committee members, neither Bob nor I are able to make any nominations.

Regards,
Tony