[802SEC] Announcement of IEEE 802 'Open mobile network interface for omni-Range Area Networks' Study Group

Dear 802 WG chairs,

Would you please forward the following announcement of the OmniRAN EC SG to your WG email reflector.

Thanks

Max

Subject: New IEEE 802 Executive Committee OmniRAN Study Group

Dear Colleague:

On 16 November 2012, the IEEE 802 Executive Committee chartered the OmniRAN Study Group (SG) to study an Open Mobile Network Interface for Omni-Range Area Networks based on IEEE 802 access technologies. The SG is chartered through 22 March 2013, with an expectation of renewal through 19 July 2013. The study group will meet the week of January 14th, 2013 in Vancouver, BC, Canada and the week of March 18th, 2013 in Orlando, USA.

For further information regarding the Study Group, I refer you to document <omniran-12-0001-01-ecsg>, which contains the proposal made to the IEEE 802 Executive Committee leading to creation of the Study Group, and to <omniran-12-0002-02-ecsg>, which contains additional high-level perspective.

More detail including a link for subscribing to the ecsg-802-omniran@listserv.ieee.org email reflector is available at the SG web site <http://ieee802.org/OmniRANsg>.

I would like to call your attention to the Study Group’s initial Call for Contributions <omniran-12-0004-02-ecsg>. Input contributions are welcome.

Sincerely,

Max Riegel

--

Max Riegel - Chair, IEEE 802 OmniRAN Executive Committee Study Group

<max.riegel@ieee.org>