Re: [802SEC] March Plenary Registration

I agree, a one or two week extension makes sense. When will http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html be updated with a direct link for the plenary information and registration? Currently it is showing only the link for the January wireless interim.

Pat

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:52 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] March Plenary Registration

Hi Paul,   The early registration deadline was set 2-weeks earlier than normal to encourage people to get their reservations in early because of the overlap with IETF, but I continue to believe this is non-productive and onerous for many of our members.  We can easily extend the deadline by 1 or 2 weeks to avoid some serious push-back from our members.   We have done this before and I believe we could do it again for this time to give folks some more leeway.    Going early makes sense for nNA sessions where we need the extra time, but not for NA sessions.

Thanx, Buzz

Please note my contact info:

Dr. Everett O (Buzz) Rigsbee

IEEE-802 LMSC Meeting Manager