From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 6:26 AM
To: Law, David
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Draft press release for review - IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group

David

One comment.

Subhead says "ever-increasing, exponential bandwidth growth rates", which sets my mind at ease, because I thought it might be ever decreasing exponential bandwidth growth rates.  Does anyone ever say "exponential growth rates" when the exponent is negative?

I would go with either  "exponentially-increasing bandwidth growth rates", or "ever-increasing bandwidth growth rates" or "exponentially bandwidth growth rates"

(Note: the same text in in the first paragraph)

James Gilb

On 03/02/2013 08:55 AM, Law, David wrote:
> Dear EC members,
>
> I hope that a IEEE 802.3 400Gb/s Ethernet Study Group will be formed
> as a results of the IEEE 802.3 400Gb/s Ethernet Call for Interest
> taking place during the upcoming March 2013 IEEE 802 plenary. Based on
> this, in consultation with the IEEE-SA PR agency, the attached press
> release has been developed to announce the formation.
>
> I intend to seek IEEE 802 EC approval for the press release at the
> closing IEEE 802 EC meeting on Friday 22nd March, contingent on the
> approval to form the Study Group by the IEEE 802.3 Working Group and
> the IEEE 802 EC. As you will see we are still seeking supporting
> quotes, but as the core of the release has now been drafted, in
> preparation for the vote, I would like to request comments on the
> attached draft.
>
> Thanks and best regards, David
>
> ---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email
> reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.