Re: [802SEC] Changing the 5 Criteria

John

Do we need to preserve 5 having items or the term 5C? We can editorial add new criteria by just merging them into the existing one, that was the proposal last time, to have managed objects and coexistence merged into compatibility.

We can have 7 sections in the "5C", regardless of how many criteria there are in it. Kind of like how the Big 10 had 12 teams.

The coexistence criteria is already in there, the change is from having it apply only to wireless PARs to have it apply to all PARs. The requirement for action after PAR approval is not a new requirement.

For you WG, you would ask if the resulting standard would cause sufficient inteference to other standards that it warranted evaluating the coexistence capability. While most wired networks would indicate that they are not going to produce a coexistence criteria because the cables are shielded or the emissions from the PCB are low, there may be cases for Ethernet in which analyzing coexistence with other devices operating with other standards nearby may be necessary.

James Gilb