Re: [802SEC] Motion to Suspend the Rules to enable 802 EC telecon meeting Tuesday 30 April noon-12:30pm ET

Paul

I will be happy to move or second as you need.

Bob

At 09:22 PM 4/22/2013 +0000, Paul Nikolich wrote:
Dear EC members,

I will need a mover and seconder to make a Motion to Suspend the Sponsor meeting 30 day advance notice and 14 day agenda distribution requirements defined in section 6 Meetings of the IEEE 802 P&P (see below) in order to proceed with the teleconference.  Are there any takers?

If a Motion to Suspend is made, we'll conduct an EC email ballot with early close provision.  If the motion passes in time, we will hold the teleconference meeting.  If not, we will delay action until at least 30 days from now.

Regards,

--Paul

------ Original Message ------
From: "Geoff Thompson" <thompson@ieee.org>
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Sent: 4/22/2013 3:02:31 PM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Notice of 802 EC telecon meeting Tuesday 30 April noon-12:30pm ET
Paul-
Please refer to our procedures:
====================================
6.0 Meetings
Sponsor meetings may be conducted either exclusively in-person or in-person with one or more participants contributing via electronic means, or exclusively via electronic means. Sponsor meetings shall be held, as decided by the Sponsor Chair, or by petition of 5 or more voting
members, to conduct business such as making assignments, receiving reports of work, progressing draft standards, resolving differences among subgroups, and considering views and objections from any source. A meeting notice shall be distributed to all members at least 30 days in advance of the meeting. A meeting agenda shall be distributed to all members at least 14 days in advance of the meeting. Meetings of subgroups may be held as decided upon by the members or Chair of the subgroup.  Notification of the potential for action shall be included on any distributed agendas for meetings.

Note that all IEEE Standards development meetings are open to anyone who has a material interest and wishes to attend, however some meetings may occur in Executive Session (see Clause 6.3).
Your request for a meeting does not meet the notice requirement (N.B. "shall" not "should").

Respectfully,
    Geoff