Re: [802SEC] +++10 Day EC Ballot+++Request Number 2 for Document 18-13-0067-03 +Draft-contribution-of-ieee-802-on-question-236-1-IEEE-03

Hi Apurva,

Since none of the other tables in our contribution have “commercial names” at the top of them I think that it would be more appropriate to add the term “Wi-FAR™” in Paragraph 7 on page 13 so that it will say “e.g. IEEE 802.22-2011™, also known as Wi-FAR™,”.  That would provide the same level of naming as the other 802 technologies have in the document.

In re-reading the contribution Paragraph 7 seems to be the only text (meaning non-table related) area of our contribution that mentions 802.22. Paragraph 7 appears to be the first case of using 802.22 in a text format. Please advise if I missed another earlier use of “802.22” in a text format.

As James and others have discussed in other emails we (802) must first internally agree on the “mile” designation and then we can submit our view to ITU-R. We can start with WP1A but there is also an ITU-R group that deals expressly with vocabulary. Presuming that we can agree amongst ourselves on the mile issue it will take some time to change the ITU-R’s, and other elements of the ITU, use of the terms such as “First Mile” by the ITU in general.

Best regards,

Mike

+1.972.814.4901