Re: [802SEC] 802 November workshop - 16 Nov 2013

Adrian,

I will volunteer for the interchange between WG’s.  Between the industry connections efforts and my reach out to 802.11 for 400G I have some good illustrations.

John

From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Stephens, Adrian P
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:18 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: Walter Pienciak; Kim Breitfelder (k.breitfelder@ieee.org); Tricia Gerdon (p.gerdon@ieee.org)
Subject: [802SEC] 802 November workshop - 16 Nov 2013

Dear 802.11EC,

The agenda items collected so far for the EC workshop are as follows:

Description

Presenter

Duration

Priority

Status

Review Goals, Objectives and Constraints for Workshop

Adrian

5m

1

Review actions from previous meeting

Adrian

30m

1

How much background info in a PAR

30m

2

Looking for an owner for this topic

Definitions of mesh and bridging

30m

3

Next Gen publishing system

Kim Breitfelder or Walter Pienciak

30m

2

Agreed

802 Marketing for 2014

D'Ambrosia/McCabe

30m

John asked for this

IEEE-SA service levels

Jon / Pat

20m

2

Jon or Pat has agreed to this

IEEE-SA service levels for starting ballots (i.e. introduced delays) (Might be part of a general SA tools discussion)

Adrian

10m

2

Include in general tools discussion

Non-USA meetings services requirements

Take feedback on Geneva meeting and identify any issues

Review existing requirements and discuss if they are adequate

Pat / Jon

45m

Jon or Pat has agreed to this

How does latest understanding of OMNIRAN fit into 802 architecture?

What is the opportunity/impact on WGs?

Max Riegel

30m

Can only hold this item if 802.1 has come to agreement on architectural fit.

Technical interchange between WGs

We have tutorials.  But should there be a way of encouraging increased technical interchange between each others' groups.

TBD

15m

looking for a volunteer

Review Actions from this meeting

Secretary TBC

15m

There is room for a couple of additional substantial topics for discussion.   If you have an idea for an agenda

item,  or wish to volunteer,  please let me know asap.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)