[802SEC] IEEE 802.3 Vice-chair

Dear EC members,

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that due to change of employment Wael Diab recently resigned as IEEE 802.3 Vice-chair. I would like to thank Wael for his years of service as IEEE 802.3 Vice-chair, as well as a number of other positions within IEEE 802.3, and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

The IEEE 802 Working Group Policies & Procedures state that in this situation a temporary appointment shall be made by the IEEE 802 Chair with input from the IEEE 802.3 Working Group. This process has been completed and it is my pleasure to announce that the IEEE 802 Chair has made the temporary appointment of Adam Healey to the position of IEEE 802.3 Vice-chair. This temporary appointment is valid until the end of the November plenary session. IEEE 802.3 will therefore follow the process to hold a Vice-chair election not occurring at the first plenary session of even numbered year during the November plenary session.

Best regards,
  David