Re: [802SEC] Comments from 802.16 Working Group regarding 802-REV PAR extension request

Dear Harry -

We are aware that the current PAR Scope does not exactly match the document's Scope subclause; however, as the document does not exceed the PAR scope, then this is not a problem for the progression of the project. Also, changing the PAR at this stage, when the document is under Sponsor ballot, is problematic, because it would require us to re-form the Sponsor ballot group, and in turn, that would require cancelling the existing ballot and starting a new Sponsor ballot. There is absolutely no point in doing that, so we don't intend to change the PAR wording.

In any event, as this is a PAR extension request, not a PAR modification request, there is no opportunity to make changes to the rest of the PAR detail as part of this process; the extension request can only request changes to the end date, so actually this is not an "opportunity to align the PAR scope with the draft scope" at all.

Regards,
Tony