Adrian's suggested rewriting of the loss clause fixes that.

Regards,
Tony

On 24 Feb 2014 23:52, "Pat Thaler" <pthaler@broadcom.com> wrote:
I think that it's obvious and doesn't need to be stated that if you fail to fulfill the requirements for "retention" you aren't a voter. That's what retention means.

But I agree that "loss" would be better titled "loss due to failure to return ballots" or something similar.

Regards,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 8:22 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] WG membership rules

Tony

That makes sense.  Right now, we only discuss maintaining membership and
we do not explicitly state that failing to maintain membership results
in losing membership but maintaining current participation credits.

Likewise, we don't explicitly state in Loss that this results in loss of
participation credit for prior sessions (it is implied, but not
explicitly stated).  Geoff's text is a good start and we can get this
cleaned up by the end of July (unfortunately, we can't get it done any
sooner).

James Gilb