From: DAmbrosia, John
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 9:10 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: Karen McCabe (k.mccabe@IEEE.ORG)
Subject: IEEE 802 LMSC Standards Electronic Media, 2014 Edition

Dear WG Chairs,

I am forwarding the message below on behalf of our LMSC Chair, Paul.  Please forward this to your respective WG participants.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Recording Secretary, IEEE 802 LMSC

Dear Participants of IEEE 802,

Each year, in conjunction with the IEEE-SA, IEEE 802 standards are made available to IEEE 802 participants in digital formal.  For the 2014 edition that was released at the IEEE 802 November 2014 Plenary a number of files were marked with text that indicated the incorrect authorized use.  We have worked with the IEEE-SA to identify the source of the error, and the IEEE-SA is taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

The IEEE-SA has provided a letter to the IEEE 802 participants that explains the issue, the affected files, and a statement indicating that “the content of these files included in the electronic media is correct, and can be treated as if the attribution was properly given to IEEE 802.”  This letter has been uploaded to the IEEE 802 Document Repository and may be found at https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/14/ec-14-0016-00-00EC-ieeesa-2014ed-letter.pdf

Any individuals wishing to obtain corrected copies of any of the noted files should contact the IEEE-SA.  These files will be corrected for the 2015 edition.

Regards

Paul Nikolich

Chair, IEEE 802 LMSC