Re: [802SEC] Draft press release for review - IEEE 802.3 1 Twisted Pair 100 Mbit/s Ethernet Study Group

David,

I agree with Geoff on this point, and try as I may, trying to expand this in this paragraph is very challenging.  Other thoughts include –

Additional Change #1

Additionally, the IEEE P802.3br™ Interspersing Express Traffic Task Force developed a draft  is developing a standard that will provides hardware support for IEEE 802.1™ Audio/Video Bridging and Time Sensitive Networks to ensure that high-priority traffic is delivered predictably and with low-jitter.

Additional Change #2

Many users, premium and volume vehicle manufactures, and their suppliers, desire an IEEE 802.3 standards-based interoperable solutions in order to enable and extend a multi-vendor supplied eco-system for the automotive industry.

Not all While some automotive sub-systems require a 1 Gb/s Ethernet connection., sSmaller, less powerful Electronic Control Units (ECUs) may only be able (or need) to support a 100 Mb/s Ethernet connection., enabling the use of

A reduced data rate will allow for lower-performance, more economical twisted pair wiring. to be used. As a result, automotive vendors are looking for an IEEE standardized, interoperable solution at 100 Mb/s speeds.

John