Subject: 802-2014 Approval Notification
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:05:30 -0400
From: Karen Evangelista <k.evangelista@ieee.org>
To: gilb@ieee.org
CC: Kathryn Bennett <K.Bennett@ieee.org>, Kim Breitfelder <k.breitfelder@ieee.org>, Michelle Turner <m.d.turner@ieee.org>

James Gilb,

cc: Kathryn Bennett, Program Manager
Kim Breitfelder, Manager Standards Publishing
Roger Marks, Negative Balloter

RE:  REVISION P802 (C/LM) Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area
Networks: Overview and Architecture

Dear James,

I am pleased to inform you that P802 was approved as a revised standard by
the IEEE-SA Standards Board on 12 June 2014. A copy of the document
will be forwarded to the Standards Publications Department. The
editor assigned to work on the project will contact you.

An approved IEEE standard will remain active for ten years. If the Sponsor
does not complete a revision process within ten years, the
standard will be transferred to inactive status.

It should be noted that any negative balloters have the right to appeal.
Please consult the following web pages for information on this process:

http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/bylaws/

http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/opman/

Please contact me if you have any questions prior to speaking with
your editor.

Sincerely,
Karen M. Evangelista
IEEE-SA Governance, Senior Administrator
IEEE Standards Activities Department
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854-4141 USA
Tel: +1 732 562 3854