Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:53 PM
Subject: [802SEC] FCC NPRM related to backup power for communications networks

FYI,

I haven?t read the entire NPRM, but there are issues here which may affect IEEE 802.

ENSURING CUSTOMER PREMISES EQUIPMENT BACKUP POWER FOR CONTINUITY OF COMMUNICATIONS; TECHNOLOGY TRANSITIONS; POLICIES AND RULES GOVERNING RETIREMENT OF COPPER LOOPS BY INCUMBENT LOCAL EXCHANGE CARRIERS; ET AL.   Proposed to strengthen public safety, pro-consumer, and pro-competition policies and protections appropriately for technology transitions underway; clarified that where carrier offers a service to the public, its service is defined in a functional manner. (Dkt No.  RM-10593 13-5 05-25 RM-11358 14-174 ). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:  11/21/2014 by NPRM. (FCC No. 14-185).  WCB  https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-14-185A1.docx

John

John Notor
President/Chief Technologist
Notor Research