[802SEC] Fwd: Request to form new IEEE 802.24 TAG task group

All

As this was circulated a long time ago, I thought I would remind everyone.

James Gilb

All

IEEE 802.24 approved a scope document for a new IEEE 802.24 TAG Task
Group focused on Internet of things (IoT) vertical applications.

The document was approved 7/0/0 by IEEE 802.24 and can be found at:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.24/dcn/15/24-15-0003-00-0000-iot-scope-form.docx

I expect to bring this for approval during the Friday closing meeting
during the March plenary.

According to the procedure adopted by the IEEE 802 EC, such documents
need to be circulated 30 days in advance of the plenary meeting.

Comments from WGs are due by 6:30 pm local time on Tuesday during the
plenary meeting.

during the plenary meeting.

Members of IEEE 802.24 will be seeking votes of support from IEEE 802
WGs during the week.  I will advise the appropriate WG Chairs when such
a motion will be requested.

Thanks

James Gilb
IEEE 802.24 TAG Chair