Re: [802SEC] Q&A on the operation of the 802.11ax dominance remedy

Based on EC feedback,  I'm going to revise thus:

1. WG letter ballot is not well described, but there is more in the rules than I'd claimed. I'll cite the existing
text (Thank you Pat and James).

2. Ballot group will be fixed at WG voting membership throughout the ballot. What is subject to special measures is the means of counting the vote. (WG P&P is clearest in supporting this position).

3. I'm still equivocating on whether to penalize those who don't participate and are under special measures. I've had comments stating that we should require those in the ballot group to respond regardless of how
their votes are counted,  and I'm coming round to that position.
What softens the impact is that 802.11 now determines response at the end of the series (i.e. like 802.3 always did). So there is plenty of time for somebody in the ballot group to respond if they miss the first ballot (e.g. because they were in special measures and mistakenly thought they did not need to respond to maintain
voting status).

Comments welcome on this topic to help me make my mind up. I would like to revise the document in the
next couple of days so that the WG have time to digest the information.

Best Regards,

Adrian Stephens
IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair
mailto: adrian.p.stephens@ieee.org