The penalty for failure to disclose affiliation in a satisfactory manner can be loss or modification of voting right.

I hope this helps

Geoff

On Apr 17, 2017, at 9:06 PMPDT, Andrew Myles (amyles) <amyles@cisco.com> wrote:

G’day Geoff

You suggested that IEEE-SA rules allow us to “regulate other organizations or the behavior of individuals outside of our (IEEE-SA)scope of activities

Could you please point at the specific IEEE-SA policies that allow or require WGs to regulate what happens in other organisations or what individuals can/can’t do when not operating within an IEEE-SA WG?

Andrew

From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:thompson@ieee.org]
Sent: Friday, 14 April 2017 5:51 AM
To: Benjamin Rolfe
Cc: Geoff Thompson; Andrew Myles (amyles); STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Possible Signs of Dominance action (2nd send w/ att. this time)

Ben-

On Apr 13, 2017, at 11:07 AMPDT, Benjamin Rolfe <ben@blindcreek.com> wrote:

FWIW I meant "within those organizations".  My point is that many or the organizations that are key to successful application and deployment of our standards are not "open" in the same sense as an SDO such as IEEE-SA.  They develop specifications differently, and only paying members may participate in the draft development, they're products are not exposed to a public balloting process, etc.  This is neither a problem for 802 or something we can control.
I'm quite bothered by the apparent intention that 802 attempt to regulate other organizations or the behavior of individuals outside of our scope of activities.
It is not 802.  It is the IEEE-SA.
We are just adhering to their policies.

Geoff

We have control and responsibility for how contributions are treated once submitted, how drafts are developed within our WGs, and that is where we should refocus our attention.
Best Regards
Ben