mailto: adrian.p.stephens@ieee.org
Phone: +447342178905
Skype: adrian_stephens
On 2017-09-20 07:32, Pat Thaler wrote:
Because our rules say that is the name. See 5.1 of the LMSC P&P. "The LMSC organization consists of the Executive Committee (Sponsor), WGs, Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs), and Executive Committee Study Groups (ECSGs)."

LMSC stands for LAN/MAN Standards Committee. If we called ourselves Sponsor Committee and the acronym SC was used, it would be ambiguous whether it stood for Sponsor Committee or Executive Committee.  There are no occurrences of "Sponsor Committee" in  the LMSC P&P and the LMSC OM. The baseline sponsor P&P doesn't have the term Sponsor Committee either. It does mention Executive Committees as one of the types of administrative subgroups a sponsor might have.