Dear EC members,
On the October 2018 IEEE 802 teleconference interim meeting, conditional approval was granted to forward IEEE P802.3cd 50 Gb/s, 100 Gb/s, and 200 Gb/s Ethernet to RevCom. Details are provided in the attached report, but in summary the response to the IEEE
802 LMSC Operations Manual Clause 12 'Procedure for conditional approval to forward a draft standard' items are as follows:
- Recirculation ballot is completed. Generally, the recirculation ballot and resolution should occur in accordance with the schedule presented at the time of conditional approval
The recirculation balloting is complete. The fifth recirculation ballots occurred essentially in accordance with the plan presented.
- After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
The approval rate is 98%, two comments were submitted on the fifth recirculation ballot.
The first comment received reads ‘This draft meets all editorial requirements’. This CRG accepted this comment.
The second comment reads ‘As noted in previous comments, the combination of all penalties for the MMF PMDs, which is much higher than for SMF, is too high. See <
092718.pdf>. Also the relation between measured TDECQ and penalties in service should be improved.’. The CRG Rejected this comment as a restatement of previous comments that have already been recirculated.
As stated in the in the third bullet of the section on ‘Reasons why a comment associated with a negative vote does not require recirculation’ of the ‘IEEE-SA Standards Board Working Guide for Submittal of Proposed Standards’
> the ‘Comment is a restatement of a previous comment that has already been recirculated’.
Based on this the second comment does not require recirculation.
- No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
No changes have been made.
- No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters.
There are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes or comments on new issues.
There was one new valid DISAPPROVE comment submitted, but as noted above this comment was a restatement of previous comments that have already been recirculated, and therefore was not on a new issue.
- If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
There are no new invalid DISAPPROVE votes which require details to the Sponsor.
- The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid), the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any
Please see the attached for the date the ballot closed and the vote tally.
Based on the above I will go ahead and submit IEEE P802.3cd to the December 2018 RevCom agenda.