[802SEC] open source

Folks,

As an update on open source from SASB.

IEEE-SA had previously provided:

– IEEE Open Source offering (with Contribution License Agreement)

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0103-00-00SA-ieee-open-source-offering.pdf

– CAG update on open source activity

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0172-00-00EC-ieee-sa-update-on-open-source-activity.pdf

And we expressed a desire for a grandfathered process (as well as engaging in the pilot) in this letter:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0140-02-00EC-open-source-memorandum.pdf

I have just received approval to post this update from the June SASB meeting:

– SASB open source update

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0218-00-00SA-sasb-open-source-ad-hoc-update.pdf

Of note is this new process:

“Anyone submitting contributions that include written code text shall be required to sign a CLA before the contribution can be included in a draft standard.”

As this would appear to apply to YANG (and MIB) model projects, the issue will be discussed in YANGsters tonight (6pm Apartment 4).

Please let your YANG/MIB (and open source) participants aware of this.

Cheers,

Glenn.

--

Glenn Parsons - Chair, IEEE 802.1