[802SEC] Responses to comments on IEEE 802.3 PARs and CSDs

Dear EC members,

My thanks for the comments on the IEEE 802.3 PARs and CSDs under consideration at the plenary this week. Please find the responses to the comments we received below.

Best regards,
  David

IEEE P802.3ca PAR modification request
--------------------------------------

IEEE 802.11 comment: PAR 4.2: Update the date to reflect the current plan as shown in the PAR Extension.
Response: Accepted

Updated PAR: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0172-01-00EC-ieee-p802-3ca-draft-par-modification-request.pdf>

IEEE P802.3ca PAR Extension request
-----------------------------------

Paul Nikolich comment: PAR The WG asking for an extension request to 31 Dec 2019 when it won't be ready to submit the final draft to RevCom until 01 Feb 2020. Shouldn't the WG request an extension to 31 Dec 2020?

Response: The PAR expiration date is December 2019 so the extension request will take the PAR expiration date to December 2020. To provide further background, as you may note, we have also submitted a PAR modification request in respect to IEEE P802.3ca. When we examined the project plan, we concluded that we need to update item 4.3 'Projected Completion Date for Submittal to RevCom' in the PAR modification request to February 2020. As noted above the PAR expiration date is December 2019. Since we did not feel it was correct to submit a PAR modification request with a RevCom submittal date that was after the PAR expiration date, we decided to submit this PAR extension request as well.

IEEE P802.3cp PAR
-----------------

IEEE 802.11 comment: PAR 5.6: Add a missing Stakeholder that was listed in the CSD "Municipal and independent operators"
Response: Accepted

Updated PAR: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0175-01-00EC-ieee-p802-3cp-draft-par.pdf>

IEEE P802.3cp CSD
-----------------

IEEE 802.11 comment: CSD: Broad Market Potential: Add to the list of potential user groups to make the stakeholder list consistent. - add "subscribers."
Response: Accepted

IEEE 802.11 comment: CSD: Technical Feasibility: Suggested change: "The basic technologies for 10 Gb/s, 25 Gb/s, and 50 Gb/s transmission over at least 10 km and at least 40 km of single mode fiber are well established" to "The basic technologies for 10 Gb/s, 25 Gb/s, and 50 Gb/s capable of transmission over at least 10 km and at least 40 km of single mode fiber are well established"
Response: Accepted

Updated CSD: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0176-03-00EC-ieee-p802-3cp-draft-csd.pdf>

IEEE P802.3cs PAR
-----------------

IEEE 802.11 comment: PAR 2.1: missing the word "Amendment:" in the title.
Response: Accepted

IEEE 802.11 comment: PAR 5.2.b: Suggested Change "The scope of this project is to amend IEEE Std 802.3 to add physical layer..." to "This amendment adds physical layer"
Response: Accepted

IEEE 802.11 comment: PAR 5.6: Add a missing Stakeholder that was listed in the CSD "Municipal and independent operators"
Response: Accepted

Updated PAR: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0177-02-00EC-ieee-p802-3cs-draft-par.pdf>

IEEE P802.3cs CSD

Updated CSD: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0178-01-00EC-ieee-p802-3cs-draft-csd.pdf>