[802SEC] 802.1AS-Rev PAR extension request under OM 9.2 48-hour rule

Colleagues:

With Paul’s permission, I am announcing that I will request LMSC approval to forward the PAR extension request for P802.1AS Revision to NesCom at the July closing LMSC plenary meeting.  This is necessary for the orderly conduct of business as otherwise the PAR might expire (Dec 2019) prior to the approval of the draft standard by RevCom.

P802.1AS-Rev has completed initial SA ballot and is expected to enter SA recirculation ballot shortly.  Comment resolution will be performed on TSN TG calls and at the September interim meeting of 802.1, with a further recirculation ballot if necessary.  Submission to RevCom is expected either prior to or following the November plenary.  The PAR extension request is for 2 years and the PAR form can be found here: http://ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2019/as-messenger-PAR-extension-request-0719-v1.pdf.

Regards,

                -- John

--

John Messenger

Director, Global Standards

ADVA Optical Networking Ltd

ADVAntage Houe, Tribune Way, York YO30 4TN, UK