Re: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM (Early Close)+++ Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM (Early Close)+++ Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 17:19:23 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; mx.google.com; arc=pass (i=1 spf=pass spfdomain=hpe.com dkim=pass dkdomain=hpe.com dmarc=pass fromdomain=hpe.com); spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom="firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hpe.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hpe.com; dkim=pass header.d=hpe.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-language :accept-language:in-reply-to:references:message-id:date:thread-index :thread-topic:subject:to:from; bh=C2ir2cKE3rJCxw/pGi+htTz0DNZ2ejVw6GuEFcKXXTc=; b=H2fvNdjeNlDK+Vq331s5L/VX//XpCM3OIRlok0G9EJ/EeXqYXPn0aaIBhoI0bUQJrt Ys8sU1VfRA3oIkJ3nfLsngP5zSGmUG4VomrT3JMVkpin2s77/Qeqak1s89ji9vejahmr YlJtoyB3WUM16aPfoGc8kyVgPbwXbaIGuSpl/UjJ3FB5QMJttxepCOiykPbYs6egEMWW 8Zgndh0HoXOnstY+/V29d/2C8gXgrHClRWZWSxg6FKAvxRjIg9n9RnTmRMEJCCDMipsE V+oYTZ26WgwHv1W0Fe4KxH6HIdkmNOKpKqf/8D8rLIo2HIkI33fxCi2y9t6RaOdE0Wu0 99DQ==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=C2ir2cKE3rJCxw/pGi+htTz0DNZ2ejVw6GuEFcKXXTc=; b=CxwOivvdveMiyB48ZiXWTA0xc49/Q3xCNb0XFwM4mCWelTGu32C/oL8TfBNbCm9yKp9Fndjjslx5vygwH80miObM4W8JJDLtWbBlYeVmU9/ISDdeYYzcZa0bkTWGJPO8u/jZgAfHoXkVv4fAKtzG4rYxHaelMzfRNAHjlpMvNBpt6xC/L2qvMmACvYtrbn3to26qG2mge0X9YyRw5kl2XmGOHYm/EDwS84mqSy4hts0ymBi4GM1y438hUSlgz5I3ACVCoNrSV98URHMtm9roOAy8W99eG01PGESw4Vs4yecoTGkm53a91v/BvDsqy1OSZT5T13bP9FLAK1ZJ5AIbDA==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1566407970; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=xqw1X2DPESip6a6S4zoP9nAcwX6xxM62HhSEXaPOlmwWmc+sjXlh9pzXz+lzlLvsEj mAH7oWMQobGmROhfGCAdNhSaOnx5/ezZftu1+6h+OIrvrsULCEjLZuRg/M8UFwwz8Ukx HXMLnnisUOrpX3IQ2GDoEoN13zTxkWaoDi3XtZ5Y9NkFB4b5Xej7sVAibtAGCqJsYIJm vy5+9p6JAF4GEJ/BQuzv1+mmKQu4r3atsGdcAV+MqqM2F4O0L9/u53xwPGo2gxLzBI/I bgQYRLIDqNiHz2XcwnsRijm2NVUoxdyZPRwNUegSEX6k0xTTC/xykJN9+i1e/34gyaBO k6qw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=moTxs3z8yxnGLM/6UnEAR44+7UJOJUSDcWi89Z3oNlOzmsbeETfqyBJZhHycEZALVLA7QPe78264SVDRRepi4JrnKwsGcYWEvfy9cdTxccM8vfrnTQ2b5RKAjmu/IwzJxIyFHn0+nKFPRSPXATPu7rHoGPJI8okobxOa+OhRaBAhMP9HULLpWm/dp4USscsXJWBqujJCWwmwRR2s27BocdMJ2sPwCM/tHdptTE6Xv4GPBGekSVvaAOGlH2AH84aj6TXbJTIuTRe0r/uItY247ZysndHjOYzndUq0HQjwcfRagi1/U9RXAqI+4FpLXS3CPMu6XMcD7KnvFj7kBbagwg==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org x7LHJjQ4013742
- In-reply-to: <385629fc-c9ef-4120-8fcf-255d2fe59917@Spark>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <0bcb120c-6718-4483-9061-3f4be9c59a30@Spark> <385629fc-c9ef-4120-8fcf-255d2fe59917@Spark>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>
- Thread-index: AQHVVsnwVK0E6xTOl0mICTrMunxcYqcEcIwQ
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM (Early Close)+++ Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures
I hate to be difficult, but I vote disapprove. I guess you will not be surprised based on my comments at the IEEE 802 Task Force meeting, I think engaging with the IEEE-SA Governance process is the best way to achieve the desired changes. I'm also concerned that some of the language used in the letter to describe the procedure is not the path to success.
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Roger Marks
Sent: 19 August 2019 21:08
Subject: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM (Early Close)+++ Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures
The message announces a 10-day LMSC ballot on "Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures." The LMSC Chair has designated to me to conduct this ballot.
• Motion: Approve delivery of the document "Draft Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures" <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/19/ec-19-0141-00-00EC.docx>, granting editorial license to the LMSC Chair.
Moved: Roger Marks
Seconded: Bob Heile
Start of ballot: 2019-08-19
Close of ballot: 2019-08-29 AOE
(1) This document was discussed at the 802 Task Force of 19 July, with the minutes reporting: "IEEE-SA Copyright Policy presentation reviewed from webinar--Action Item: Roger to lead collection comments from the EC to develop communication and recommended copyright slide set updates endorsed by the 802 EC to the IEEE SASB." It was subsequently discussed at the 802 LMSC meeting of 20 July. The EC membership was solicited for participation, and the resulting ad hoc group generated this draft and the followup plan.
(2) We have been requested to not openly distribute the slide set under review, but I will share it with individual EC members upon request.
(3) This motion is considered urgent because we were informed at the July session that the IEEE-SA copyright procedures may be introduced imminently. Therefore, it is being conducted under the Early Close procedure ("For urgent matters once sufficient response is received to clearly decide a matter, the ballot may be closed early. This allows a decision to be reached in less than 10 days. Ballots where the possibility of an early close exists must be clearly marked accordingly.").
(4) It is my understanding that this motion falls within the category "Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)" and therefore, per P&P 7.7.1, is subject to majority approval.
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.