[802SEC] Rule changes for March 2020 meeting

All

At the March meeting, we will be considering the following rule changes:

Adopt new WG P&P (to match the baseline for the LMSC P&P)

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0104-03-0PNP-proposed-802-wg-pnp.doc

And changes to the P&P, OM and WG P&P to allow changes at the IEEE 802 EC teleconference, i.e., to change:

"Votes to approve revisions shall be taken at a plenary session. If approved, revisions become effective at the end of the plenary session where the votes were taken."

to be:

"Votes to approve revisions shall be taken at a plenary session or on an LMSC conference cal. If approved, revisions become effective at the end of the plenary session or conference call where the votes were taken."

The 30 day in advance of a vote would still apply to all three documents.

The rationale is that the LMSC uses conference calls to conduct much of our business. Responding to AudCom is slowed down by having only 3 times a year to make a change. Also, this would allow changes to be made for the next plenary, rather than waiting up to 4 months for a change to take effect.

James Gilb