[802SEC] Proposed revision to the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] Proposed revision to the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P
- From: "James P. K. Gilb" <000008e8b69871c2-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:03:18 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=s2048 header.b=LX4G7fGO; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=references:content-transfer-encoding:content-language:mime-version :user-agent:date:message-id:subject:from:to:dkim-signature; bh=ax36LhRikvSxB2sDAph2aCfWJVwszgiiphcmR9Mt0MQ=; b=AUKlx+CRDbeuX+9UALlKYuohumplSEd3Zz55rjY50Mf/1zhELRWdN8GUplJFp0wzXY gWNWEoS4uKZ6gIlCk08LySFa7BtOsS87O3kSDafuTU9m9e4FjV9SD+hDnA3oOzcqUbc+ 5aclitPtWsI6HuBtHs/VPTJZqLPb041Rrjlsc81oeseurxVNYipn7IfI1fkeMdZryuR/ zJ48DdP4pZuBGUWNbc4/qs4tn/A7+f2ZOhWbbL2v0PNn4PiDeFcjUo1sCinNG1PxhLkG HsiCxygAURMYMUzq7a5AdCn1m39898hKzqye3PC4WhEj9PXwvyLMGcx1/zZLJ1DcvFHI IZuw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1585692203; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=G0NITBjtTDzs8RYBcHFDuyEjES1fE8sBpt5uSV0/84ZPYD8q6NS3gYZjzngEuR8BkE aJ4LVu1jeR+G0BO34gh5GuZTEX1cyG/n7wKo59Ln0w9IGWM7OfuzUpGtpjs1nKmiTLNQ heLsTVkN0soYvqyXcCRNisRzu9A7o6lvpS9IDGSR1p4+TepAAEiuS8kPzYHCoQTh+azU VjdV4Q31TJaxlfMffEp2lcj48lQUwaCD9FEPSZJs7TwSmiZAYgJP+I/oVQ4ShWpLNdNG I2Y0fc2tw5Df5KT6l95tfKRNK1cN4VFhLGkRUq3+g/ENVWPK5Nj6+da4sKGWkhHqsBNL U9uA==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org 02VM3X2n023048
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ieee.org; s=mail; t=1585692213; bh=FwGD6+Q7dx5cZ3S7Js/azQQRJ/3h5v1ysyDy/TN9Zjg=; h=References:Date:Reply-To:From:Subject:To:List-Help: List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Owner:From; b=Ghr5xI6bIS8iNWxKaeObUelcK4CkQzi0y/MLz8XgmKLerpSoSd9wUaXAhyPa+aTYJ C0JWACqpJX0OXk7Y75Hyl51DonAmnYvKkuGwoK7Qo80ad0qrJ+qwG2EMnp/xH+V1F2 9oJNhhNx1geSqxEpQp1ckC5LATxaiAcdXFbHZD2g=
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "James P. K. Gilb" <Gilb_IEEE@YAHOO.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.4.1
I am proposing the following revision to the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P to be
submitted to AudCom and SASB for approval. The goal is to allow us to
change the OM and WG P&P by electronic ballot with 30 day notice (I had
hoped to get this approved in March, but alas, we could not hold the
Proposal: Add a new clause, 11, at the end of the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P with
the following contents:
11.0 Revision of Standards Committee Inferior Rules
Revisions to IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual and IEEE 802 LMSC Working
Group Policies and Procedures shall be submitted by an IEEE 802 LMSC
member to the IEEE 802 LMSC no less than 30 days in advance of a motion
(or conclusion of an electronic ballot) to approve the proposed
revision. Amendments in response to comments on the proposed amendment
are permitted. Insufficient time to consider complex amendments is a
valid reason to vote disapprove. A motion to revise either document
shall require a vote of approve by at least two thirds of all voting
members of the LMSC. If approved, the revisions become effective at the
end of the meeting where the votes were taken or at the conclusion of
the electronic ballot in which they were approved.
- Members of the Standards Committee, i.e., LMSC members are the
members of what we used to call the Executive Committee.
- 30 day notice in our current P&P is prior to the motion or
conclusion of an electronic ballot.
- We use the word "revision" instead of amendment for the proposed
I will ask the Standards Committee Chair to hold any electronic ballot
to approve this beginning April 20 and ending April 30 (30 days after
this proposed revision).
In the mean time, we can consider amendments to this proposal so that by
April 19, we have text that can achieve the 2/3 approval.
For reference, in the current LMSC P&P states:
10.0 Revision of Sponsor P&P
Revisions to these P&P shall be submitted to the Sponsor no less than 30
days in advance of a motion (or conclusion of an electronic ballot) to
approve them. Amendments in response to comments on the P&P are
permitted. Insufficient time to consider complex amendments is a valid
reason to vote disapprove. A motion to revise the Sponsor P&P shall
require a vote of approve by at least two thirds of all voting members
of the Sponsor.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.