Re: [802SEC] +++IEEE 802 LMSC Electronic Ballot: Nov Plenary Rules Suspension +++

hi JohnD
i approve,
jay

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 8:54 AM John D'Ambrosia <jdambrosia@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

Our chair, Paul Nikolich has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me -

Background: Due to the change of the Nov 2020 Plenary Session due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, suspend the following rules/procedures in the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual from 28 September 2020 until 14 November 2020:

4.1.3: Meetings

“The IEEE 802 LMSC meets in-person during plenary sessions.”

Moved: John D’Ambrosia

Second: James Gilb

Start of ballot: 2020-08-18

Close of Ballot: 2020-08-28

  • This ballot will be conducted per OM Clause "4.1.2 Voting rules".
  • The motion is being taken under subclause 1.1 Suspension of the rules in the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual (v23)
    • "In case of an extraordinary external circumstance that prevents the ordinary conduct of business, suspension or modification of any IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual procedure for a specified period of time, is permitted subject to approval by a motion with 2/3 of IEEE 802 LMSC voting members voting approve. Any suspension or modification by this process expires no later than the 120 days after the approval of the motion."