|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
During the 802.11 AANI SC Teleconference of 27 September possible ways to engage with 3GPP were discussed. As the 802 EC is currently drafting a Liaison to the 3GPP PCG there was agreement that the AANI SC should provide its views to the 802 EC so that the liaison can represent those views.
The current scheduled meetings for 802.11 and 3GPP are:
November 6-11 San Antonio, Texas 802
November 7-11 Tenefire – Santa Cruz, Spain SA WGs (SA1, 3)
November 14-18 Reno, Nevada – RAN WGs (RAN1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), SA WGs (SA2, 5, 6)
December 5-8 Vienna – RAN Plenary
December 7-9 Vienna – SA Plenary
January 15-20 Atlanta, GA – 802
January 16-20 US (venue not set) NR Ad Hoc meeting (RAN1, RAN2, RAN3, RAN4), note RAN2, 3, and 4 meeting 17-19
January 16-20 and 23-27 SA WGs meeting in multiple venues Portugal, US, Estonia, and France
February 6-10 Sophia Antipolis France SA3
February 13-17 Athens, GR - RAN WGs (RAN1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
February 13-17 Dubrovnik Hungary SA2
February 13-17 Jeju Island Korea SA1 and SA6
March 6-9 Dubrovnik, Hungary – RAN Plenary
March 8-10 Dubrovnik, Hungary – SA Plenary
March 12-17 Vancouver, BC, Canada 802
April 3-7 US – RAN WGs (RAN1, 2, 3, 4)
Hence the following straw poll. Please express your views either publically or privately to me via e-mail. I will tally the results and share them both with you via this e-mail server and with the 802 EC drafting committee.
1) Do you support having a joint workshop meeting to start discussions on 802.11 and 3GPP RAN and SA will work together and what areas should be worked? Y/N
2) Would you attend a joint workshop meeting if it was held on (please indicate all meeting you would attend):
a. Saturday November 12 in San Antonio
b. Sunday November 13 in San Antonio
c. Sunday November 13 in Reno Nevada
d. Saturday November 19 in Reno Nevada
e. Sunday November 20 in Reno Nevada
f. Monday November 21 in Reno Nevada
g. Sunday December 4 in Vienna
h. Saturday December 10 in Vienna
i. Saturday January 21 in Atlanta GA
3) Which of these possible meeting dates/location would you prefer?
4) Do you favor sharing 802 drafts (currently restricted to the member’s only area) with 3GPP? Y/N
5) Do you favor establishing Liaisons (specific persons) to provide information between 3GPP and 802? Y/N
6) Do you favor establishing a joint document repository for 802 and 3GPP documents? Y/N
7) Do you favor having joint meeting (ad hoc or in conjunction with existing meetings) to jointly work technical issues? Y/N
8) Do you favor having joint teleconferences to jointly work technical issues? Y/N
Thank you for sharing your option, so we can establish inputs to the 802 EC.
The 802 EC would like to clean up the current draft document before it is shared outside the drafting group. I will circulate the document in a few days when a “cleaned up” version is available.
This is a reminder notice for the upcoming AANI Teleconference:
Scheduled for Tuesday 27 September 2016 @ 10:00am EDT
The agenda slide deck for this teleconference can be found: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/16/11-16-1301-00-AANI-aani-sc-agenda-sept-27-2016-teleconference.ppt. The proposed Agenda is:
Contribution are always welcome, please just let me know.
Joseph Levy (InterDigital)
IEEE 802.11 AANI SC Chair