From: Marc Emmelmann <marc.emmelmann@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 11:06 AM
To: Mark Hamilton <mark.hamilton2152@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Hitoshi MORIOKA <hmorioka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Stephen McCann <mccann.stephen@xxxxxxxxx>; Xiaofei Wang <xiaofei.wang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Potentially ARC related discussion in TGbc -- request to join if time permits

Dear Mark,

during the last TGbc call, we discussed the following document:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/documents?is_dcn=239&is_group=00bc&is_year=2021

In particular for the discussion of the figures on pages 3 —5, TGbc felt that it might be good to include ARC in the discussion.

We will revisit the submission in our call next week (Tuesday, June 1st, 9.30 — 11.30h ET) and I would like to ask you if you are available to join the call.  Feel free to forward this request to additional interested people of ARC or the ARC reflector if you feel that this is of their interest / appropriate.

if next Tuesday does not suit you, we can schedule for another TGbc call. Please let me know if you and/or other ARC members can make yourself available.

Since we are waiting for the attendance list from IMAT before we can upload the minutes, I include here for your information some notes from the draft minutes on this topic (see below).

Best,

Marc

1.1.   Resolutions for Clause 9            11-21/768r6 11-21/239r2           Hitoshi Morioka (SRC Software)

1.1.1.CID 1409:

1.1.1.1.           Discussion on the proxy deciding whether a traffic is EBCS and all traffic needs to go through the proxy first before decision. Also discussion on passing through the proxy is only needed for unassociated STAs; discussion on whether there is any mechanisms to faciliate EBCS traffic streams requiring association. Clarification that 802.1x blocks only individually addressed data traffic. Discussion why we need pass through through proxy and since 802.1x is optional anyway. Multiple comments that ARC SC should be involved in architecture related discussions.

1.1.1.2.           Definition of EBCS Data frame is changed.

1.1.1.3.           Discussion whether the proxy is only at AP, author clarifies that it is for both AP and non-AP STA since EBCS traffic stream at receiving STA may be blocked by 802.1x. For associated cases it will go through 802.1x and otherwise go through proxy.

1.1.1.4.           In EBCS TIM element, discussion that it is for associated or unassociated cases. Discussion on size of the bitmap for EBCS TIM element. Discussion how EBCS TIM indication may not work in certain use cases, such as regional TV broadcast. EBCS TIM should be optional.

1.1.1.5.           Comment that the term proxy may not be good for DL case. Discussion that EBCS Proxy box in the architecture is not needed since 802.1x is optional anyway and filtering is based on state machine. Comment that since 802.1x is optional and can add some description to 802.1X box to include filtering for EBCS, no need to add an additonal box. But additional box makes sense for 802.11bc.

1.1.1.6.           Discussion whether EBCS TIM should be moved to EBCS Info frames. Discussion how would a client know which beacon to parse to detect EBCS TIM.

1.1.2.Author will conduct offline discussion

1.1.3.Author is expected to present during next week’s teleconference; Chair will ask members from the ARCH SC to be present for the discussion.

The official minutes will be: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/documents?is_dcn=896&is_group=00bc&is_year=2021