Re: [STDS-802-11-CAC] Report on WFA's workshop on LTE-U coexistence, during Wed plenary

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---

Trying again, from the right e-mail account.

Mark

From: Mark Hamilton
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 2:45 PM
To: 'Stephens, Adrian P' <Adrian.P.Stephens@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Rich Kennedy' <rkennedy1000@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'STDS-802-11-CAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <STDS-802-11-CAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Report on WFA's workshop on LTE-U coexistence, during Wed plenary

Adrian,

I’m thinking about putting together a short report on the status of LTE-U coexistence activities, and in particular the workshop that the WFA held this week on the topic.

I think it’s been since about May, since 802/802.11 had much discussion on this topic, when 802 filed a letter to the FCC in response to the public notice asking for information about coordination, etc. on LTE-U and LAA.  Things have been progressing since then, and an update is probably due.  I don’t think there is any immediate action from 802/802.11 needed at this meeting, though, just an awareness update.  It probably parallels any report(s) on LAA.  And, it probably dovetails with Ian’s liaison report from WFA – I’ve checked with him, and he does not plan to dive into the workshop details in his report.

Rich, were you planning to discuss this at all in Reg, or think .18 or .19 will?  Let me know if we can/should coordinate.

Mark