[STDS-802-11-EDITORS] Disaster recovery

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Editors' Reflector ---

Dear editors,

This is a reminder to all editors with drafts that I operate a disaster recovery service for 802.11 drafts.

Please email me a copy of your source files (zip them up,  then rename .zip -> .piz to defeat Intel’s “scarily dangerous,  can’t let you have this”

email attachment policy).

Please do this for each balloted version.  You can also do this at any other version.

I will then put this on the IEEE-SA central desktop site that I maintain for editors,  as well as a hidden location

on the main IEEE-SA web server.    This means that if your

dog eats your laptop,  your favourite software vendor does the nuclear option on you,

or you get marched out of the building without a chance to grab it – you can at least recover to the last

copy you gave me.

By the way,  for those not aware of it,  this site can be used by editors to share files with each other and with

your reviewers prior to entering the public domain.  If you need a login,  let me know.

(Peter,  agenda item for next editors’ meeting,  quick review of the site).

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)