Re: [STDS-802-11-REG] 13/444r1 FCC 13-49 comments posted on Mentor

Hi,

I propose to replace the following language on page 22 in 444r1:

IEEE 802.11 agrees. If software or firmware is modified or reconfigured by someone other than the authorized manufacturer, the code should be written to cause device to disable or block out or notch the DFS bands.

IEEE 802.11 agrees that manufacturers should ensure that reconfiguring firmware or software which affects regulatory compliance, by someone other than the manufacturer or authorized by the manufacturer, is made very difficult.

Regards,
Vijay