[STDS-802-11-REG] DSRC Coexistence Tiger Team call: 08 Nov 2013

Greetings all,
   First, Note that there is a change of call in bridge number for this week only.  There will be no call next week because of the F2F meeting in Dallas.  As we discussed last week, the previous bridge number listed on the IEEE 802.11 web site was scheduled to expire.  Since there were audio quality problems last week, Richard Roy volunteered to supply a new bridge number that would hopefully provide better audio quality rather than renew the existing bridge.  This one time webex call was sent separately by Richard, and is also shown at the bottom of this email.  While I realize this does not meet the letter of the law for IEEE meetings, I would ask for your cooperation for this one occasion.  We will attempt to resolve this with a long term solution at the F2F.
  Second, neither Rick Kennedy nor I will be available to run the call on Friday, November 8. I have asked John Kenney of Toyota to chair the call, since we were in the middle of his presentation when the call ended last week.

   We have one item of old business on the agenda this week: Continuation of the presentation on "Harmful Interference" (document 13/1309r0 ) that began last week  The agenda slides can be found at:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/13/11-13-1347-00-0reg-agenda-for-dsrc-coexistence-tiger-team-call-8-nov-2013.ppt

   We have two item of new business on the agenda.
  1) A brief discussion of the document mentioned by John Kenney in the presentation last week.  This is not a posted IEEE document, so we will not review it in detail.  John's comments about this document, as posted on the reflector last week:
   "Also, the CAMP Vehicle Safety Communications 3 consortium (VSC3), which consists of eight automakers working in partnership with the US Department of Transportation, has conducted some testing of DSRC receiver sensitivity.  A summary of data from those tests has been approved for public distribution and can be accessed at the following website:
http://www.its.dot.gov/presentations/pdf/V2V-I_DSRC_PER-RSS.pdf"

 2) Discussion of the possible agenda items for the Dallas meeting

 The conference call schedule for all of 802.11 can be found at http://www.ieee802.org/11/
As noted above, there is a change in the bridge number for this week only.  The IEEE web site will be updated with the permanent call information after the F2F in Dallas.

     As mentioned in the agenda slides, I'd like to invite future presentations on::
 1) How CCA works
 2) DSRC field trials
 3) Use cases

Housekeeping:
    * Minutes from the conference call on November 1, 2013:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/13/11-13-1343-01-0reg-meeting-minutes-from-01-nov-2013-dsrc-coex-conf-call.docx
    * Agenda slides from conference call on November 1, 2013:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/13/11-13-1306-00-0reg-agenda-for-dsrc-coexistence-tiger-team-call-1-nov-2013.ppt
    * Minutes from the conference call on October 18, 2013
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/13/11-13-1307-00-0reg-meeting-minutes-from-the-october-18th-dsrc-coexistence-tt-teleconference.docx

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Lansford
Fellow, Global Standards
CSR Technology, Inc.
Adjunct Professor, Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program
University of Colorado - Boulder
+1 719 286 9277

Dick Roy invites you to attend this online meeting.

Topic: DSRC 5.9GHz Tiger Team